Thursday, January 10, 2013




http://bigthink.com/strange-maps/308-the-pop-vs-soda-map

 This is a map of the United States that shows the relationship between location and what word people use for "soda". The map is color coded to show the different counties where different terms for "soda" are used. The design of the map is very simple but effective. I find this map to be very interesting because shows areas of different culture through vocabulary. It also stimulated my interest because I have an uncle that refers to soda as "coke" no matter what it is, and this map shows me why. My uncle is from Arkansas and the map shows that the south primarily refers to soda as "coke". I think that it is very interesting seeing differences in vocabulary portrayed on a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment